After sipping the sweet success of our first ever community Limoncello 3195 harvest last year, there was no question that we'd be bringing back the project in 2023!
Is your lemon tree bursting with fruit? Fancy swapping lemons for a bottle of Limoncello?
If you live in the postcode of 3195, you can get involved!
In case you missed the boat last year, the short story is:
The Boatrocker Crew found inspiration in this classic Italian liqueur, particularly the uniquely delicious homemade versions that are given as family gifts up and down the country's sunny coastline. So, last year, we set out to capture the culture of this tradition and make a Limoncello - for locals, by locals - using all homegrown lemons plucked from the trees of our fellow 3195 legends.
We loved it. You loved it. So we're doing it again!
You know what they say, “when life gives you lemons… make Limoncello!”
On the weekend of the 5-8 October bring us 5kgs of your freshly picked lemons (which is approx 25 large lemons - note: we will be weighing not counting). Over the following month, we will produce the finest Limoncello this side of Sicily using the community's 2023 lemon harvest.
In return for every 5kg of your lemons, you will receive a 500ml bottle of Boatrocker 3195 Limoncello, which you can pick up on 12 November at our Limoncello Harvest Party.
(If you are unable to collect on this day we will keep the bottle/s aside for you.)
🍋 DROP OFF: ALL WEEKEND | 5-8 OCT
- Bring your lemons by any time during Barrel Room opening hours:
Thurs 4pm-10pm | Fri 2pm-11pm | Sat 12pm-11pm | Sun 12pm-6pm
- We'll grab your details for your invitation to the Harvest Party where you'll collect your completed Limoncello
🍋 PICK UP: LIMONCELLO 3195 HARVEST PARTY | SUN 12 NOV | 12PM-6PM
- Book a table for the Harvest Party where you'll pick up your bottle/s of Limoncello 3195 and celebrate the fruits of your labour
- Sip Limoncello cocktails and enjoy tasty Italian treats at a day out that will be fun for the whole family
- More Harvest Party details will be sent out to all lemon contributors at the end of October, but tables fill up fast, so best to book early to avoid disappointment
*Don't forget to set the booking date to 12/11/23!
Min. 5kg of lemons per person
5kg = 1 x 500ml bottle
Contact for larger quantities (ie more than 20kg) - email@example.com
We do have a few rules! To make limoncello we will be using the skin, so lemons need to be in good condition. Below is a guide to what lemons we can/can't accept.