Friday | 12 August 2022 | 7PM - 8:30PM
Darker days call for darker drinks.
Settle in with Boatrocker’s owner/founder and CBO (Chief Booze Officer), Matt Houghton, for a masterclass in all things barrel aged.
Start with a little taste of winter and cosy up with a glass of our house-recipe mulled wine while discovering the wonderful (and maybe sometimes a bit wacky) creations that are patiently waiting to emerge from their barrels.
You’ll get an in-depth look at one of Australia’s oldest and largest barrel ageing programs and learn how everything from the type of barrel, to the time spent in it, to what may have been crafted in that barrel previously, can all change and add new layers of deliciousness to the final product.
Matt will unpack how our barrel program allows us to explore the history of beer, and at the same time, the future, as we challenge ourselves with the science and art of blending & fermentation in wood. Then, sit down to a guided tasting of some of the most decadent beers and spirits we have made here at Boatrocker.
Of course, there will be bountiful cheese and charcuterie boards to be shared and keep everyone going through what is sure to be a night that is high in flavour and ABV. Plus, all those who attend will get 10% off any takeaway purchases from our barrel aged beer and spirit ranges
- House-spiced mulled wine on arrival
- 'What’s in the barrel?’ Behind-the-scenes look at Boatrocker’s barrel ageing program
- Guided beer and spirits tasting experience
- 3X Generous tasting pours of different barrel aged, imperial style beers
- 3X 15ml serves of our premium, barrel aged whiskeys and rums
- Surprise ‘out-of-the-barrel’ tastings
- Cheese & charcuterie grazing boards
- 10% off all barrel aged beer or spirit takeaway purchases